Click Here to View
Boy's Restroom (Upstairs)
Boy's Restroom (Upstairs)
Boy's Restroom (Breezeway)
Custodial Closet in Boy's Restroom
Drainage between Main Building and Cafeteria
Drainage Cafe Breezeway
Girls Restroom (Upstairs)
Lower Elementary Door Frame Shift
Lower Elementary Dropping Foundation
Lower Elementary Shifting Foundation
Room 23 Lower, Exterior Wall Foundation Separation
Storage Closet in Girl's Restroom
Tower Office Stairs
Exterior Wall Foundation Cracking
A New Elementary School to replace the existing 75 year-old elementary school building: $22,200,000
Current Elementary Facility
• Major building systems such as electrical, heating and cooling, plumbing, and roof have exceeded their life expectancy and are in need of replacement
• Present facility does not meet current building codes or handicap accessibility requirements
• Limited parking and insufficient space for bus pick-up and parent pick-up causes traffic congestion during school dismissal
• Classrooms that do not meet the square footage standards of the Texas Education Agency (TEA)
o Current library is 1,188 sq. feet or 40% below TEA standard of 3000 sq. ft.
o Current computer lab, housed in converted classroom, is 312 sq. ft. below TEA standard of 900 sq. ft.
o Current First grade classrooms are 212 sq. ft. below TEA standards
o Current PK classrooms are 149 sq. ft. below TEA standards
o Current Second grade classrooms are 112 sq. ft. below TEA standards
Proposed New Elementary Facility
o 1 ½ walls of cabinets in the classrooms
o Ceramic tiles on hallway walls
o Carpet tiles in classrooms
The location of the proposed new elementary school campus will be built on land adjacent to the middle school and high school, uniting the entire district and allowing for collaboration participation in special programs such as music, band, choir, art and PALS.
The two-story facility will house the younger students in grades PK-2 on the first floor and the older students in grades 3-5 on the second floor.
The elementary school will include a competition size gymnasium, allowing
the high school students to have an additional practice facility to utilize before or after school.
A New Auditorium to replace 60 year-old Bettis Auditorium: $5,100,000
New Auditorium Facility
• Built to specifications of University Interscholastic League for One Act Play performances
• Seating capacity of 750 attendees for band concerts, competitions, and theatrical productions
• Would be the only facility of its kind in Bosque County
• Venue for Baccalaureate and Graduation ceremonies
• Utilized for staff development, school assemblies, and student testing center
The proposed auditorium will accommodate 750 attendees and will give students a place to showcase the District’s Fine Arts performances, including band and theater.
Currently, there is no auditorium at the high school and band concerts and other performances take place in the cafetorium, which has inadequate seating.
Since the proposed Clifton ISD auditorium will have the largest capacity of existing venues, it will be available for rent by organizations, associations, and individuals of the community.
Property Acquisition, Road Construction,
and Parking Improvements: $700,000
TOTAL BOND PROPOSAL: $28,000,000
CLIFTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT ©2015